How to save money on your next Saab service
Saab servicing is now much cheaper, for those in the know.
Thanks to European legislation, you no longer have to be tied to high Saab service costs, dictated by your local dealer.
In October 2003 new European legislation affecting the motor industry came into force called “Block Exemption Regulation” 14002002 (BER), and this now means that you can book your next Saab car service online and save up to 50% on what you might pay at your local Saab dealer.
Before the law changed it was difficult to have new cars within their warranty period serviced outside a franchised dealer. If you wanted to shop around for the best prices on Saab servicing, your hands were tied.
The change in the law now gives every car owner the freedom to service their car away from the main dealers, and still have their warranty protected.
Thousands of Saab car owners have now taken advantage of their new right and reduced their Saab serving costs, whilst benefiting from the convenience of booking with national car service providers such as Service A Car.
Service A Car is a leading online car servicing network that prides itself on the quality of its Saab servicing, their customer service and transparent pricing. Because the company is not tied to any particular car manufacturer, they are able to service any make of vehicle and compete freely in the market, on a like-for-like.
Every vehicle is rigorously serviced according to the manufacturer’s servicing schedule, using genuine recommended parts fitted by qualified technicians. This means that every Saab car service fulfils the warranty criteria and there is no compromise on the servicing standards of a main dealer.
Companies like Service A Car, who fulfil the warranty criteria when servicing your Saab, are able to maintain your service book, just as main dealer can – thereby protecting your warranty and helping you to maximise the resale value of your Saab car.
Of course, booking direct with a national car servicing network has its own advantages:
· You no longer have to do all the running around. Service A Car collects your Saab in the morning and delivers it back that afternoon, free of charge
· You pay a fixed Saab service price, which can be up to 50% below the price at the Saab servicing desk of your local dealer
· No additional work is carried out without your agreement, which means no nasty surprises when it comes to paying the bill
· Trained Customer Advisers are on hand throughout the day to keep you informed of progress, and report back on problems you asked to be investigated as part of your Saab service e.g. knocks and rattles
· Your Saab service includes a free wash and vacuum clean
· You simply pay with your credit or debit card and your car is delivered back to your home or work address.
Our advice for saving money on Saab car servicing is to contact a national car servicing network, who is not tied to any one particular car manufacturer, like Service A Car.
So, before you book your next Saab service, why not ask your local dealer to tell you the cost of the service (plus parts, oil and any extras) and then compare it with a fixed price quote from a national servicing network, like Service A Car?